AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deutsch pin crimper tool.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kipps
Posted 3/15/2019 20:54 (#7382931 - in reply to #7382728)
Subject: RE: Deutsch pin crimper tool.

Madison Co. Virginia
JoelV, thanks for the response. I've figured out most of the depinning already. The only connectors I haven't gotten apart yet are the engine computer connectors. The hold up there is that I don't have the tiny depin tool. I have found a manual describing how to do those connectors. I don't think it's technically metri-pack. It uses .68 mm pins, IIRC. I think it might be called micro-pack.

The hard part for me at the moment is figuring out what parts to order to cover the wire size range I need. I'll be using 10 and possibly 8 gauge wire at the biggest, with a couple sealed 640's and a few unsealed 800's. Otherwise, I'm using a mixture of sealed and unsealed 150's and 280's. I've found a handy sealed 280 kit on ebay for cheaper than I can buy the same stuff from Mouser. I'm hoping the same seller can put together a sealed 150 kit in a few weeks. I'll probably buy the unsealed stuff directly from Mouser, but I'm still kinda' hoping the seal-type terminals can be cinched down without a seal. It would save several purchases if this were possible. I won't know though until I get some terminals in hand.

I've purchased one crimper that I "think" will do all the crimps necessary. I'll need to use a conventional pliers to secure the seals on the bigger sizes, though. I'll also experiment with adding solder to a crimped connection. It's not supposed to be done, but my brother, a GM tech, claims he does it routinely when crimping new terminals.

What I'm finding is the expense is not in the connectors themselves. Those are going for just a dollar or two a piece. The terminals will cost several times what the connectors do.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)