AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rivian Pickup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 3/16/2019 10:12 (#7383708 - in reply to #7383595)
Subject: RE: Rivian Pickup

Don't need to cool cables at home as you are not cramming the charge to the battery in one hour but slowly charging over 8-12 hours.

It also does not matter if the cables are liquid cooled your car battery ISN'T it's still accepting a huge amount of amperage going in over a short time frame.

Ramming a charge into any battery time after time will kill it prematurely.

Every day continuous driving is much different than sitting around a large percentage of the time and only driving 5K per year. again how many of these battery packs will last 28 years.

Based on the poor results I've witnessed from battery operated tools that don't see heavy continuous use I'll still pass.

Gotta hand it to Musk he is a marketing genius.

Pay $2500 now for the chance to stand in line now for a car that might not ever get built by a company that might not even be in business.  Another chance to cook the books by registering the money coming in but not recording as a liability on the other side of the balance sheet. Do this and you could wind up being an unsecured creditor in a bankruptcy.

Not looking to change anyone's mind or opinions I just don't see the fascination.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)