AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Set up sprayer for variable rate pre-emerge, fungicide and top dress?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/15/2019 11:25 (#7382076 - in reply to #7381015)
Subject: RE: Set up sprayer for variable rate pre-emerge, fungicide and top dress?

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
I think you would like using an Ag Leader display (Insight, Integra, InCommand etc.) for this This would require a GPS source which could be your EZ-Guide or something else.

Here's the approach I am familiar with. I have a complete system for spraying with my planter. I have another complete system for spraying with a 3 point sprayer on another tractor.

Any Integra would be unlocked for auto swath.

You would need a way to indicate to the system as to which sections you ALLOW to be On. I say allow because when the auto swath is active, it will shut off a section in areas where application has already taken place. If you have a section switch shut Off, that section will remain Off.

The switch setup has two possibilities: 1) Use Ag Leader's Auxiliary Input Module and an appropriate cable to go to your present OEM switches or a special switch box (this box looks alot like EZ-Boom since Ag Leader built them both. 2) Use Ag Leader's SC 110 which is that same enclosure with a Master and 10 section switches but includes the circuitry of the Input Module. Either the AIM and switch box or the CAN switch box will work fine. Personally I have the CAN switchbox in the planter tractor and a Homemade switch box and AIM in the other tractor.

You would also need Ag Leader's Liquid Product Control Module. This Module has connections for a flow meter Input. It also has Outputs for a control valve and section valves. Raven flow meters and control valves work well with the Module.

There would also be some interconnecting wiring and harnesses which can vary .

This can be done with the EZ-Guide 500 and EZ-Boom but I think you will be much happier with the Ag Leader setup since the user interface and display is much easier to work with. I don't have a cost estimate.

Edited by tedbear 3/15/2019 11:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)