AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We've lost 3 Billion gallons of domestic demand to Illegal Waivers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Johnienhuis
Posted 3/14/2019 21:40 (#7381244 - in reply to #7379612)
Subject: RE: Not at higher blends..

Red River Valley and Devils Lake Basin
StxPecans - 3/14/2019 08:38

JonSCKs - 3/14/2019 08:28

30% ethanol realizes about the same gas mileage in "most" vehicles as straight gasoline.

And as we move to higher compression more fuel efficient engines.. which require higher octane.. that spread narrows.. though you STILL NEED the OCTANE...

... and would PREFER getting the OCTANE WITHOUT CANCER!!

The btu are not there, but i will bite.

Ok so we can use more technology in the engine more compression, we can increase cylinder pressure and take advantage of ethanol. But now your engine is more complicated and not built for longevity.

But its really simple ethanol does not have the same amount of BTUs in it as crude oil fuel. So you end up burning more fuel to produce the same amount of work.

I still have not found a stablizer to reduce phase seperation in blended fuels. Hell ethanol fuels cannot even be stored for very long. I hope our goverment isnt stockpiling that stuff so when we are fighting the Chinese we are hoping our 10 year old ethanol is still good.

If you are have phase separation in blended fuels you need to fix the problem if water getting in your fuel. Water in fuel is a problem weather or not you have ethonal. Ethonal is the very reason people don’t have problems with fuel lines freezing up in the winter even though they don’t use isopropyl in there gas. If you are have phase separation you are getting way to much water in your fuel.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)