AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

We've lost 3 Billion gallons of domestic demand to Illegal Waivers.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 3/14/2019 08:11 (#7379552 - in reply to #7379422)
Subject: RE: We've lost 3 Billion gallons of domestic demand to Illegal Waivers.

I wish they would quit using ethonal in gasoline. Lowers efficiency and shelf life. I dont understand, if it was so great as a fuel and such why not burn that crap right at the plant and put the energy in the grid. Probably becuase it a filler hs no btu in it.

Wana talk about not making sense. Here in Texas eagle ford there are oil/gas wells everywhere. It cost so much money to build a power plant now adays. Regulations change and force powerplants out of business. Why not set up big natural gas generators on each pad and tie into the grid. The natural gas is cheap and clean. Plus you could just keep rebuilding the same engines and nobody can run you out of business by regulation like in a power plant.

I understand corn farmers want/need the place to market their crop but ethanol really doesnt make much sense for our country.

Not sure if my facts are right or not, but pretty sure 3 big power plants in texas were decomissioned becuase they were too dirty. They were packed up and sent to mexico just across the boarder. And we regularly buy power from mexico that is burning american coal.

Edited by StxPecans 3/14/2019 08:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)