AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kubota vs New Holland Hay equip
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Granary
Posted 3/14/2019 12:32 (#7380111 - in reply to #7379316)
Subject: RE: Kubota vs New Holland Hay equip

Central Western VA Mountains
I would not be afraid of the New Holland 9ft machine. Seems like I read somewhere the gearbox seal issue was fixed. They have new 9 and 10 ft models, refreshed up last years design. Having said that there might be a deal at your dealer on a left over H7220 or 7330 impeller machine. Tons of parts for these machines too.

Having said that...

I would recommend considering a JD moco s I feel they have a very good machine. V10 steel rollers are now available on the 10ft models too.

We bought a Krone 2801cv, an impeller machine, and it’s a great mower conditioner. Heavy duty all around. Clean cut and the impellers are very effective on our grass hay. They are standard with 2 point hitch and gear head swivel for tight chatter free turns. Priced competitively priced too.

I can’t comment on the Kubota/Vicon mowers.

Be sure what ever you get has shear hub protection. NH, JD and Krone have this and the parts are inexpensive.

One more thing about Krone. Their online documentation is terrific. Massive brochures with good info and free downloadable owners and parts manuals for a look-see.

Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)