AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ever been drawn or felt pulled to an area and you didn’t fully realize why?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 3/14/2019 08:14 (#7379563 - in reply to #7379310)
Subject: RE: Yes I have, but haven’t figured out why yet....

That’s very interesting indeed TAddict, thanks for sharing.

My story is somewhat different. The farm I’m on was homesteaded by my GGrandfather in 1906, in Northern Montana. Mostly native prairie that’s been farmed since then but we still have areas of coulees and draws that have been untouched by a plow. One of these areas is in a 600 acres pasture of ours that lies on the “Adobe Ridge” if you look at a USGS TopoMap. Anyway, the entire area is full of Teepee Rings and piles of both shale and stones,,,a LONG ways from any plowed ground. We have always called this area “The Dobies”.....also full of rocks with red,orange and green algae looking stuff on them........when I was very young,,5 or 6 yrs old, I remember being up there with my Grandfather fixing fence. He told me then that there were stories of this area being popular with the “Indians” before area was homesteader.....my Grandmother always told me that the “ Indians” painted all those rocks up there,,,,with the colored “algae” on them.....also said if I didn’t behave they would “Send you to the Dobies where the Indians will get you!” As you can imagine that was pretty intimidating stuff to a youngster and ever since then I have always had a special feeling and have been “drawn” to this place, as in your story above.

As I’ve gotten older, this place has become a kind of “retreat” for me. Nobody else ever goes there as it has no access, an awesome place to go for a walk or ride your horse. I’m not a hippie or a weirdo but something I cannot explain just keeps drawing me back. Someday I would love to build a little cabin there but doubt I ever will,,,,feel likeI would be intruding. It’s just very reassuring to know that this place exists and I can always go there.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)