AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Holy Crap!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Big Swede
Posted 3/13/2019 23:44 (#7379238)
Subject: Holy Crap!

SW So Dakota
Got a call from a good friend about 7 o'clock who is the line foreman for our local REA. He said two of his guys are stuck in a snow drift up on the highway about a mile and a half from home? Could I help. Said sure anything for you guys. Took my payloader and headed out. Got to them okay, pulled them out and headed back home. They call and say we're stuck again, so I go back and pull them out again. See flashers up ahead and there's two more vehicles stuck farther west in a hundred yard drift about 4 feet deep. Call my neighbor 4 miles away and ask if he can come and lead these guys west so he comes. All the while this is getting worse. I'm pushing 5 foot drifts off the highway in zero visibility. The one gal that we pulled out is on the phone with her boss. I tell him she needs to turn around and follow my neighbor in his tractor. He tells me he is in charge of her and he has 3 V plows on the way. Whatever, I tell him I'm not in any mood to argue with him and leave her there. She might get plowed out tomorrow afternoon if she is lucky. I get off the side of the highway on the way back home, get stuck, my neighbor turns around and pulls me out of the ditch. Can't see ****. Wind shied wiper is frozen, windows fogged up, took me close to an hour to get back home. Holy crap, that was not good.

Edited by Big Swede 3/13/2019 23:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)