AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has it occurred to anyone else that ......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SoDak Farms
Posted 3/14/2019 01:02 (#7379269 - in reply to #7379267)
Subject: RE: Has it occurred to anyone else that ......

EC SoDak
Personally, as I’ve states on this site, we need to handle China with our allies to force and enforce some rules. That’s where I have had an issue with Trump going after allies, I’d have rather had their help dealing with a mammoth known as China and then worked on them individually. The problem is, he basically went after everybody at once and that removes a lot of leverage.

While, no, it’s not ideal that the NW belt relies so heavily on China as it pertains to soy (but it was working pretty dang sweet until the last year), it’s a developing area for some and a younger mature area for others. My area, for instance, has a soy processor and ethanol plant close. But, we get a lot of grain from long distances away that are developing. Not much I can do about it, but China mostly being gone puts one hell of a strain on my area with an inflow of grains. Heck, my beans went 100 miles away because the bid made way more money than a plant 20 miles away. Even the I States at one point were where the NW belt is right now, most are just too far removed from developing/early maturing to give a crap.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)