AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good news from Washington for a change
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 3/14/2019 07:35 (#7379469 - in reply to #7378494)
Subject: RE: Good news from Washington for a change

Colorado
The more I think about it............there in lies the rub for me anyway. Most of the folks I know doing this have split their land operation into splits between spouse/kids etc. even though you know they aren't actually operating the land. In the past I have done quite a bit of custom haying work and countless times I get a check from some farmer's kid who lives 3 states away. If that bigger farmer has to actually deed that land over to someone else (even their kid) they might think a little harder about whether or not they want that extra payment. Their 30 year old kid might just take a notion to sell that new found land for some cash. If the large land owner/operator is willing to truly stick their neck out there on a deal like that then maybe it's OK to go ahead and send that other payment. If not...........then one payment per actual operator. I realize in theory it actually is supposed to work this way..........but it doesn't. Perhaps they should set up an anonymous crime stopper's fund??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)