AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White workhorse tractors hours
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

wire farms
Posted 3/15/2019 12:14 (#7382158 - in reply to #7381408)
Subject: RE: White workhorse tractors hours

Nebraska
GM Guy - 3/14/2019 21:16

wire farms - 3/13/2019 21:16

The one we used for awhile (6175) kept blowing the hydraulic filter off the base for who knows what reason and was just an all around power hopping turd to run because the axle was so far under the tractor, we have hills and loose soil so maybe that's not the case for everyone. We don't have open flat quarters to farm and turning around was a major problem. The cab and seat about broke my dad's back and I got to the point I refused to run it. I could run a 105 white with my eyes closed and spin around on end of the field on a dime, they we're ok tractors for the 70's but also light years behind a 4440 John Deere. Here I go again I shouldn't open my mouth but I just had a bad experience with a workhorse and hope I never see one again. I'm done ranting, hopefully the op asking has a better experience if he decides to buy one.

How were they "light years" behind?

dry clutch, poor slow brakes, very poor hydraulics, not a decent park brake, no diff lock, weak PTO clutches, very poor starting perkins in winter time. they were easy on fuel though, back in the 80's they got traded in on new 4440's all the time but they did do alot of work for what they were, dad owned 3 of them over the years so i grew up on them. not gonna argue with you because ive done it before and no one wins with you!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)