AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White workhorse tractors hours
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

iseedit
Posted 3/13/2019 17:55 (#7378393 - in reply to #7377873)
Subject: RE: White workhorse tractors hours

central - east central Minnesota -

timis - 3/13/2019 13:14 How many hours is too many on these tractors? Would you buy a 10k houred tractor with a recent overhaul? I'm a smaller farmer and would really like the option of the FWA that this particular tractor would bring -- priced right - just not sure on the longevity of the tractor cause there arent any around locally. I know the 6x3 transmission is pretty solid. Tractor has recent hydraulic pump as well. Seems like guys will run magnums well over 10k and not think much of it - in theory a primarily gear drive unit should be more durable. Also looking at the Deutz Allis variation - I have a deutz in a combine and really like it. Also if I'd go this route is there a way to set flow on the remotes -- my planter does use a blower, (great plains 1625) it doesnt take much to run, but not familure with the tractor.

Check for play/wear in all the FWA pivot points . . . . .  That is where a guy can dump a ton of money.

ETA: jack up the front end so most of the weight is off the complete front end and check the wear . . . .

Edited by iseedit 3/13/2019 17:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)