AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RIN Waivers lead to first decline in Domestic Ethanol usage in two decades
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NOCO_Farmer
Posted 3/15/2019 17:30 (#7382532 - in reply to #7381649)
Subject: RE: whom is the "propped up" industry?

NE Colorado
Ok so your justification of creating a false economy is to throw sand at the competitor? I appreciate your passion, and I get it, but I don't need to be preached to. At the end of the day it has to survive on its own, and if you don't think it can do that, then why is it any better than the oil industry? Will there soon be huge lobbying groups buying politicians for Ethanol? If there is is that any better morally?

Do you not want independence from the Fed? I am sorry but I am not going to budge on this, because I like millions of other tax payers are tired of throwing money at problems in hopes that the situation will solve itself, and if you don't believe that the Fed hurts the oil industry, specifically the domestic production, as much as it helps it YOU are being naive. How many regulations do they face? They are willing to send billions to the ME to secure foreign production, you think that helps domestic production?

At the end of the day Ethanol and Biofuels in general have to be better, do it better, and do it cheaper. If the Ethanol industry could survive on its own the RIN waivers wouldn't make a bit of difference. It has to be self sufficient. Period. The fact the raw dollars go into the industry every year does not help the public's opinion on the industry either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)