AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pics from the last month
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Emu
Posted 3/13/2019 08:32 (#7377281 - in reply to #7377171)
Subject: RE: Pics from the last month

Tamworth NSW Australia

I will have to sell them as feeders unless it rains (a lot) in the next few weeks. I have dry feed but not good enough quality to finish calves properly, only really a grower ration (and not a good one) not a finisher ration. The forecast is hot and dry for march-may so nothing positive there.

Drought has really hit the markets in the last week and prices have crashed. Tamworth broke a record for the number sold last week and a lot of those were breeding cows people are quitting, similar situation right up the east coast. Looks like big numbers again this week. NSW ran out of hay and grain last year so people are selling rather than trying to find feed for another year. The abattoirs are backed up and they don't want to buy so saleyard prices are falling.

Interesting read about prices this week

https://www.beefcentral.com/processing/weekly-kill-slaughter-prices-enter-freefall-territory/?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Beef%20Central%20News%20Headlines%20March%2012%202019&utm_content=Beef%20Central%20News%20Headlines%20March%2012%202019+CID_33ce33181802a5eb96ded43381ec264d&utm_source=eGenerator&utm_term=Weekly%20kill%20Slaughter%20prices%20enter%20freefall%20territory

Hopefully soon it will rain and I can complain about the mud too, just not sure where this drought is heading at the moment.

Edited by Emu 3/13/2019 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)