AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New To Me Planter Making Me Sick...Physically Sick
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 3/12/2019 21:39 (#7376705 - in reply to #7376683)
Subject: RE: New To Me Planter Making Me Sick...Physically Sick

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
rollig - 3/12/2019 20:30

I've been sick more times this winter than I have in the past 10 years combined. I just attributed it to our young girls in daycare bringing stuff home. I'm beginning to think it's something on the planter we bought last fall. It seems I often get sick after working on it. It's been in our shop all winter and I work on it when I have time. Could it be done residual seed treatment, insecticide, biological causing this? The planter smells faintly of hog manure too but I doubt that's related. I've never had an issue before but I knew what was in our planter. I get fever, chills, aches, and tightness in my lungs. I have asthma so tightness in the lungs is not uncommon for me. Am I crazy?

I ran a wire wheel over the inside of my gravity seed wagon this morning getting it slicked up enough to paint it with slip plate graphite and almost as soon as I was finished I had a hard time catching my breath. Kept on like that for a few hours. Much better now. All it's had in it was treated soybeans or wheat. Had been sitting outside with no tarp on it so whatever was in it had been washed out but it was either dust from what little paint that's left, the rust or seed treatments that were down in the steel coming out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)