AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Equip and fsa new farmer loan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

RAFARMS
Posted 3/13/2019 15:20 (#7378101 - in reply to #7376372)
Subject: RE: Equip and fsa new farmer loan

SW Wisconsin
If I had to do it all over again I would not go to the FSA to get the loan, I would go to your bank. I went threw them for my home farm and it is a big pain with them, tons of paperwork all the time and you have to explain to them every detail of the farm to them like if they don't know how a farm works. They also had a program for constructing buildings like shed, barns, bins, etc. and I was needing a cattle shed had the same problem mud lots trying to fatten cattle . So went in to get a loan in had to fill out a pile of paper work out again and over half of the paper work I did the month before and I had to do it all over again because they said it was out dated already. It took 4 mouths to get the shed loan then. Then on top of that the lumber yard I got the lumber from way under bid the shed, which in turn shorted me on my funds. This was not FSA fault but when I went back in to get a little more money to the loan I have to start the whole thing all over again. They have all the information on me and the farm already why did I have to refill it out again. The other pain was you had to pay for things up front and then you turn in the invoices to them and a month later they refund the money back out of the loan. If I had the money up front then why did I need the loan? Then when you do your yearly paper work you have to tell them the same thing multiple times every time. Then they want to come in and tell them every thing that you just told them on paper and want to walk threw the farm. A lot of time wasted with them.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)