AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Possibly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 3/12/2019 18:11 (#7376137 - in reply to #7376118)
Subject: RE: Possibly

Since1889 - 3/12/2019 18:01

J P - 3/12/2019 15:40

lesser - 3/12/2019 15:24

Of the 500 times I have read it filled a gap or it closed above fill in the blank this should lead to a rally I have seen 0 times that it happened. What am I missing???

Not a personal swipe so don't take it that way. But most likely about 500 hours of research on gaps. There is so much canned garbage out there about gaps that is widely accepted it's incredible. Heck, it somebody wrote it in a technical analysis book, and some guy that never studied them regurgitates the information without actually studying it, it must be true. Nothing is farther from the truth.

Take care

With all due respect "not a personal swipe" but go ahead and tell us your all knowing oz chart systems that you use are far superior to any other types out there they all seem to work at given times and they all fail miserably at times.

My personal theory is that when you get enough participants looking at the same thing they naturally become self fulfilling prophecies.

Dont get me wrong jp you put allot of things out there that are very accurate and have proven true but you have missed plenty of times as well. I enjoy reading everything you put up and I think you have great insight but it really bothers me how you pump your mines better mines better mantra and it can be abrasive and thats what get people wound up. "Regurgitating information without actually studying it" I wonder if there is some great gap teacher that someone could pay copious piles of money to learn from and then they could be an expert that can put down they way anyone else follows market "structure"

LOL. I never said that I don't get it wrong. And I wasn't putting down anyone. If you took it that way well, I apologize. I was just having a little fun with my buddy Century since for the last few months he just can't hardly contain himself to take a swipe whenever he can. So, what's good for the goose is well...ya know.

Again, I apologize.. You haven't been here long enough to know all the history. But it the truth and I have said it for as long as I have been here. Most of the stuff you have read about - is garbage. And we all blindly accept it as gospel. Been there done that. Blindly accept something as truth without ever giving it a second thought. I spent way too many years of my life studying, backtesting, trying to understand all the stuff that I read about...and I read every technical analysis book in every library that I could get my hands on....And you know what I learned.. It's all got some truth in it, but in the end it all comes back to one thing....MARKET STRUCTURE. If after a gap fills, it rallies, it's in the market structure. If it doesn't fill, it in the market structure. If it fills right away, it's in the market structure, it it fills a year from now.....I will even add one more...if price gaps, it gapped BECAUSE of the Market structure. What's the saying? What everybody knows isn't worth knowing ....and everybody has read the same books.

Well, your personal theory is also garbage. The more people expecting something to happen, the less likely it will happen. Just another thing you blindly accepted and "regurgitated"..LOL

Take Care

Edited by J P 3/12/2019 19:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)