AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Considering changing Will. Getting rid of Undivided interest.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tennessee Cattleman
Posted 3/14/2019 08:52 (#7379646 - in reply to #7378164)
Subject: RE: Considering changing Will. Getting rid of Undivided interest.

SteigerSt320 - 3/13/2019 16:52

Gypsum rancher - 3/12/2019 23:31

My 2 brothers and I are in an undivided interest deal now. We have 2 separate properties. 1 is 6 miles from where our homes are. We each have 130 acre interest in it. It has a gypsum mine on it, but currently not being mined. I have no wife or children. I want to sell my part out. One brother flat refuses to split it up but won’t buy me out ( without practically giving to him). The other could careless one way or the other. The only way I see getting things done is to sue. Then that creates more problems. I wish my parents would have said in their wills everything must be split on appraised value., then number each part and put numbers in a hat and draw. Then you get what you get.
What if you just sell to someone else your undivided interest? Or tell brother that you are selling and if he doesn’t buy or someone else will buy. Or you can take it to a forced Sheriff sale. Either brothers buy you out or you buy them out or someone else entirely buy all of y’all out.

Hard to find a buyer for a undivided share of a farm willing to pay much for it unless they can buy out all the undivided interests. It would be like walking into a hornets nest by just buying one share.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)