AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Weather through Thursday....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/12/2019 10:10 (#7375423 - in reply to #7375250)
Subject: RE: Weather through Thursday....

southern MN
They are starting to talk about flooding concerns around here, comparing what may happen to the mid 1960s. They say some parts around here have deeper snow than they had in those years. The 1960s are still the benchmark for spring flooding around here, the 90s were also a big deal.

My town the street crews were working in the dark this morning opening curb drains. The snow and ice piled up all winter has 90% of them sealed shut under deep ice, with the inch of rain scheduled the next 3 days, the water needs to go somewhere. Right now there is no place for it, drains frozen shut, lakes and rivers are still hard froze over, ditches and culverts are heavily iced over and snow packed.

I see many houses with thick ice dams and deep snow on the roof, I think a lot of precipitation is going to end up coming through the ceilings. Hopefully the roofs hold up.

Hopefully things go fairly smoothly. Can prepare a little but can’t do much about it, at least my buildings are on high ground.

Livestock chores are just a mess, too deep snow now, going to be a period of ice and slush, maybe flooding, then mud. Lots to look forward to.....

Doom and gloom I guess! Ha. Many to share in the same conditions more or less, a big area of tough weather for many months now.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)