AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Feeling like a teenage girl now
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 3/13/2019 11:51 (#7377696 - in reply to #7377649)
Subject: RE: Bill Moyer -hog farm ?

Coldwater, Michigan
In 1070 when I worked at the plant in Logansport, IN it was a Wilson-Sinclair facility and they pulling hogs from as far away as Maine. A bunch of the hogs that they got from Missouri had 1 front toe instead of 2. I had never seen less than 2 on a hog unless it was injured.

The open house you attended could easily have been these guys raising 60,000. They have top notch facilities. There are some other producers who built facilities just because they had a commitment from the new facility. One thing about it: you don't see these places located on the main drag. The plant is probably the most visible building devoted to hogs in this area. Most of the producers have their buildings off the main road. I think for less visibility.

Haven't had anything to do with NaChurs/Alpine for 15 years. I get around some of their guys now and then and have used some of their products for supply now and then, but not worked for them. I probably won't sell any fertilizer this year. That being by design. Haven't announced it yet. But just did I guess.

Still doing Independent consulting now. Had planned for the last 2 years to slow that down too. Convinced 3 of my bigger guys to find someone else, then was crazy enough to take on a couple of smaller guys this past fall. Actually 2 guys ganged up on me and convinced me to help a guy they are working with. It was a crazy fall weather-wise and they needed help.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)