AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is game of thrones worth watching?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

moobeast
Posted 3/12/2019 13:20 (#7375692 - in reply to #7374716)
Subject: RE: Is game of thrones worth watching?

Earlville, NY
I love GOT, only just started watching it. However, I would not be surprised if a lot of members here don't like it. It may not be for the more morally upright and unimaginative types. I've always been a big fan of Lord of The Rings, books and movies. GOT is far more realistic with it's characters; they are not simply good and evil, but about differing points of views and backgrounds and how they shape a persons actions. There are definitely some characters that change drastically over the series, some trying to find salvation, some falling from grace, some die by making poor choices, some just die because life isn't always fair no matter how honest and honorable you are. Most of the gore is not gratuitous, that's what happens when you fight with edged weapons or blunt force weapons. The sex and nudity is sometimes gratuitous, but sex and human desires are very much a part of the story-lines. And it's very complex to follow; miss an episode and you can really get messed up. I'm reading the books as well; also very enjoyable, although sometimes very different from the show. And very little sex or graphic violence in the books.
I also enjoy the music, and the scenery and costumes are excellent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)