AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anybody here adopted or spouse adopted or kids
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Roguesfolly
Posted 3/12/2019 19:33 (#7376349 - in reply to #7374355)
Subject: RE: anybody here adopted or spouse adopted or kids

Nw Ks
Almost 6 years ago, we started the process of adopting our youngest son. His birth mom is my wife's niece so technically he's my great nephew. While pregnant, she told my wife that there was no way she could take care of a child and was going to put it up for adoption. Wasn't till a few weeks later that someone told us we should try to adopt her baby. Long story short, we did adopt him with the intention of letting her see him whenever we were available but she has since declined to be a part of his life. I think it is a coping mechanism for her. The biological dad on the other hand took us to court, all the way to a hearing in front of a judge before he relented. The really funny thing is, even after all the crap he put us through, he made an effort to be a part of C's life. Hasn't seen him in person since Aug of 14, but tries to set up a time to Skype and every year has sent birthday and Christmas presents. When he can understand it, we are going to tell him the whole story. He knows he didn't "come out of Mommy's tummy" but not sure if he's figured out what it means. So for the time being, it's Skype with "good friend J" and see "your cousin A".

On a lighter note, when ever he does something completely stupid, I can look at my wife and our other son and say "That's your gene pool" and walk off.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)