AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Time( For a seed dealer)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

wildcat_farmer
Posted 3/14/2019 15:02 (#7380378 - in reply to #7375625)
Subject: RE: Poll Time( For a seed dealer)

SE Kansas
I look at it in terms of real estate. Hats...dont get you anywhere. A customer only has one head and therefor you are competing against a wide range of companies for that spot atop his noggin. Shirts, jackets, coats can be the same problem.

I did pickup calendars this winter (and not the lovely lady kind) and sweet corn when I deliver their seed this spring.

For the future, pairing knives, tomato or pepper seedlings, a select set of growers may get their farm name printed on a license plate with the pioneer logo, cutting boards with my company logo on them.

Its all about keeping your image in front of them in the most unique ways possible.

Magnetic dish trays are great with your logo in the bottom of the pan, every farmer needs multiples.

Also knowing your customer, some arent afraid to show off what brand they plant or who theyre doing business with. Others, like to keep that between me and them. Thats where garden plants, gift certificates, come in handy.

As a precision planting dealer my guys get an added discount to meter checks and precision parts. May look to partner with a local PP dealer. Gifts that add value to the bag are hard to put a price on.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)