AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Time( For a seed dealer)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 3/12/2019 12:44 (#7375625 - in reply to #7373428)
Subject: RE: Poll Time( For a seed dealer)

NW KS/ SC ID
If you do any headwear, make sure and dont discriminate against those of us with large noggins. :) I cant wear half the hats I receive... Stocking caps are a good choice, one size ACTUALLY fits all (not like the lies they tell you on the summer hats... :) ) and not many places give them out anymore.

I may be the only one, but I dont like cheap stuff. I would frankly rather go without anything and hope for lower prices on the bill than know someone spent money on a 99 cent chinese pocket knife, and possibly resent their wasteful spending. :) USA made Buck knife or bust! :) That could be reserved for a premium level customer given to them privately.

I think the seed depth guage with your business name would be the best. Have your number on it, so for whatever reason the farmer doesnt have your number in their phone, he will have it in the tractor on the guage when they run a couple bags short at the end, and BOOM you just sold 2 more bags of seed!

Soil thermometer would be another, and for those of us who dont remember the rain guage till after the first hard freeze, or live in a hail zone, there is never a surplus of rain guages around here. I like the clear ones with the company name printed on the side and the long detachable stake, not the ones with the big plastic panel that needs screwed to something, as they usually blow over if you use the built in stake on those if you are putting them at a field corner.

For something still "somewhat" cheap, USB drives or backup battery phone chargers would be good. Maybe a quality 6 inch crecent wrench with the business name laser etched on? Think of things handy enough they might become pocket items, and they think of you every time its pulled out.

And of course, finding a locally owned business that most farmers wont write off the bill as an expense and give them a gift certificate to that place. "Here" that would be a burger place 30 miles east, I only budget for a once a month visit there, and its not cheap, so a gift card there would be amazing.

And if you do a drawing style giveaway, make sure and give equal value 2 choice options, an old farmer would probably not be too keen on the tech items, just like a young guy may not be excited for another hat.

Edited by GM Guy 3/12/2019 12:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)