AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Glad I don’t have an employee any more
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John e.c.MI
Posted 3/11/2019 12:40 (#7373640 - in reply to #7373166)
Subject: RE: Glad I don’t have an employee any more

Croswell, Michigan
The employee thing is a tough one. The convince of having someone around all the time is great. If I wasn’t home and a truck shows up unexpectedly to be loaded/unloaded I don’t have to race home etc. I had a good full time guy that left last September. I was in a knot about how we were going to get through fall but with some excellent part time guys we got it done.

I guess the grass wasn’t greener on the other side of the fence because the guy that left asked for his job back two weeks ago. I wouldn’t have believed that I would have felt this way back in the fall when he left but I told him we are just going to try and make it with part time help from now on. It sure is nice not writing a paycheck in the winter and I was facing the issue that I would continually have to give raises and benefits as time went on.

When I worked out, payday seemed to take forever to get here. When I became the guy writing the pay checks, it seemed like every other day was payday.

Edit: this was on a little over 1100 acres. We do the majority of our own trucking and maintaince, did a little custom round baling plus have about 10 acres of some speciality stuff.

Edited by John e.c.MI 3/11/2019 12:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)