AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? For people involeded wih Brain Cancer Patients?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

hillfarmer
Posted 3/11/2019 09:12 (#7373244 - in reply to #7373142)
Subject: RE: ? For people involeded wih Brain Cancer Patients?

trakman - 3/11/2019 09:21

Some of you might remember that my wife had a brain tumor removed back in first part of November 2018. During the month of December things went fairly well, seem to be a normal person. Started treatments of radiation and chemo the day after Christmas. Six weeks later, treatment is over. Really took a toll on her body and memory. Now near five weeks later with no treatment she is in the hospital after falling here at home. This was due to the lack of nourishment, I could not get her to eat due to the Chemo. I address this with the doctors and various things were tried to get her to eat. Seems like nothing really worked and it took the fall to get her in the hospital where they have done a much better job of treating the malnourishment. I sure didn’t want the fall to get her to the hospital but at least she is eating better now and gaining a little weight. She currently is on the rehab floor trying to get her strength back and other various things. She has been a very cantankerous patient and wants to come home so bad, gets out of her chair or bed before the nurses can get to her to help her. She is supposed to use her walker to get around and last night I got a call that she fell face first in her room, they couldn’t get to her in time. Will go up this morning to see how much damage is done to her face.

My question to other people that have had to deal with cancer patient of the brain, after radiation, did their memory ever return to normal? My wife told me two nights ago that she had not seen me for two weeks, and I have been there every day for the last two weeks. With the 30 treatments of radiation, I have a feeling and this is cruel to say, but I think her brain is fried beyond repair. I realize she’ll never be the same but I had hoped that some kind of Normalacy would come back. I am so frustrated that this turn of events has happened. If I had known how things were going to turn out And she would have known the situation She’s in right now, this cancer being terminal, we might not have done any treatments after surgery. I know this is a cruel statement but what’s done is done and will have to deal with the results. On Tuesday of this week she is to be discharged from the hospital and moved to a skilled nursing facility for more rehab. I guess this is still the plan of attack even after the fall last night, will talk to doctors this morning.

So, give me your assessment of people that you have dealt with that’s had brain cancer and a full regimen of treatment.

Thank you for listening and please keep us in your prayers. Larry and Kathy

Not cancer, but a celibrial aneurysm had a terrible headache in Sep 1986 They clipped the first one, and found number 2

She recovered very well from number 1

I will never know but the quality of life would have been better without the number 2 gettin done

never know

But her daughters did not handle the stress

and she missed out on spoiling grandkids ,because the other older siblings did not comprehend the situation she had

She taught school school was trying to force her out and they sent her to 3 shrinks to get her disqualified and they said she was OK

I think Her IQ with 20% missing was still higher then they had

But the night after clipping number 2 May of '87 she had a leak of what they said was 50cc

she then had a shunt put in in August 12 of 87

she was able to go back to work for a while then Dad was here to keep track of her till 1997 then we skidded till 1998

then had her at home till 2002 when she passed at home

Was a time in Flint in rehab they would strap here to keep her from trying to escape

She had a wish of trying to go home
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)