AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2 threads tonight on employee wages, time off and work ethic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Hunter Kittredge
Posted 3/13/2019 06:16 (#7377048 - in reply to #7372981)
Subject: RE: 2 threads tonight on employee wages, time off and work ethic

Oregon
Don’t want to get off topic at all... I’m a young guy so I don’t know everything but I am very involved in our operation and have been forever. Basically one thing I have found out is that there’s a lot of people out there that would rather work for someone and not have the stress or worries or responsibility that come with say being a farmer. I guess that’s partly why farmers make up less than two percent of our population. That being said I have worked a very short time away from our place and have to say that when I went home at end of day wasn’t worried about what was going on at bosses place. Yes I did a good job and busted my a$$ for him but wasn’t stressed about all things that could be going wrong when I left for the day. Also same point, most employees will get there fair share of time off (weekends when not in busy season) and still my dad expects me to work through most weekends when none of the employees are around which is fine because most of my life revolves around our operation. So I guess at the end of the day it seems to me that’s it’s easier being the employee. No, they may not have all the benefits or “skin in the game” but are content with working for the man. Just my two sense...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)