AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wind speed while spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

gemarsh
Posted 3/10/2019 10:29 (#7371095 - in reply to #7370647)
Subject: RE: Wind speed while spraying

Central NE

nebfarmer - 3/10/2019 04:55
gemarsh - 3/9/2019 18:43 I only have a personal applicators license. I don’t have to record weather conditions. Never been to a dicamba training. I was thinking of covering more bases with what I have available, in a worse case scenario. Thanks for the ideas.
Private or as you call it personal license does not now nor has it ever exempted you from recording weather data on restricted use chemicals and maintaining those records for a minimum of three years. Learned that one the hard way!

What did you learn? I'm just going by what is taught in class and what is on the form supplied by the unl. I'm not arguing, just trying to learn if somehow you were burnt wrongfully, or I'm not understanding what the words, Requirement and Recommended is in legal terms. Under the Recommended section is uses the word "estimate" for all values. I can estimate between freezing and boiling, but 70 degrees to 75 degrees...fat chance on that. 9 mph to 11 mph, yeah right.

These are the REQUIREMENTS....I copied and pasted below and the RECOMMENDED.

Restricted-use pesticide recording keeping requirements have already been adopted at the federal level for both private and commercial applicators. Nebraska regulations adopt these existing federal requirements with a few modifications. By meeting the state pesticide applicator record keeping requirements, all federal applicator record keeping requirements will simultaneously be met.

PRIVATE APPLICATOR

RESTRICTED-USE PESTICIDE (RUP) RECORD KEEPING REQUIREMENTS

The following information on the use of all RUPs must be kept for a minimum of three years.

A. The brand or product name and the EPA registration number of the pesticide applied.

B. The total amount of pesticide applied.

C. Location of the application, size of the area treated, crop, commodity, stored product, or site to which the pesticide was applied. The location may be recorded using any of the following designations:

1. County, range, township, and section.

2. Maps and/or written description which accurately identify the location.

3. The legal property description.

If the applications of the RUP made on the same day cover a total of less than 1/10 of an acre, note it as a “spot application,” followed by a concise description of the location. (Example - spot application, musk thistle in north pasture.)

D. The date of the application.

E. The name and certification number of the applicator.

F. In accordance with the federal regulation (adopted as the State regulation, the information required shall be recorded within 14 days following the RUP application.

This is what is RECOMMENDED...but I can't find where it is every stated as a legal requirement...

RECOMMENDED FOR OUTDOOR APPLICATIONS

A. It is recommended that the record include estimated wind direction and velocity at the time of application.

B. It is recommended that estimated ambient temperature at the time of application be recorded. Temperature measurements may be taken as you begin a short job or in the middle of a long-term application. 

C. Restricted Entry Interval (REI).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)