AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heifer calving rant...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

oldtiger
Posted 3/10/2019 18:58 (#7372161 - in reply to #7372121)
Subject: RE: Heifer calving rant...

NEMO
Here's the point you continue to miss,,,you've got to do your own homework, and take as much control as you can. You continue to ignore that if pelvic checks were done,,,that hf never gets bred, she goes as a high value feeder. When you decide to not pelvic check, you run the risk of having those problems,,,then you have to hope that you can get a vet in time, and the vet makes the right call. I told you below, a lot of vets won't make the right call, as proven by this incident. I explained below, some vets just don't like to C, I don't get it, it's easy, but that's the way it is. Pelvic check the hf, take the accident and vet out of the equation,,,no way around that logic. Once you've done checks for several generations, if you're picking the right bulls, problems tend to minimize,,,but there's always a few. The point of my post and those of several other posters, was to use it as a learning moment to correct the self-inflicted problem, rather than completely blame the vet,,,which the way I read the OP, was exactly what was intended

Edited by oldtiger 3/10/2019 19:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)