AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Roof over manure storage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

martin
Posted 3/9/2019 13:13 (#7369449 - in reply to #7368643)
Subject: RE: Roof over manure storage

The way I understand your picture... the black lines are roof and the gray lines are posts. And there is no valley between the main barn roof and the roof over the pit.  There is an air gap between the main barn roof and the upper side of the manure roof. I get that.  There should be a rain gutter on the main barn roof to catch rainwater and divert it away.  However, what about the snow that will fall on the main barn roof?  Are you expecting it will melt slow enough that the rain gutters will catch the snow melt and divert it? Is that your expectation?  I am not sure it will work that way.  It seems to me there will still be snow coming off that main barn roof and falling down around the pit.  There needs to be a plan to deal with this. 

I do agree that your design should allow manure pit gases to go up and over the main barn roof. If that main barn roof is a metal roof, will manure gases escaping up and over the main barn roof help to accelerate the deterioration of the main barn roof?  Do the manure pit gases need to be moved away from the main barn more?  Just a thought I had.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)