AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I will not thank a farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 3/8/2019 15:40 (#7367802 - in reply to #7367696)
Subject: RE: I will not thank a farmer

southern MN
Mark in WCIowa - 3/8/2019 13:25

Agree with her as I have always been a bit uncomfortable with society forced thanks...as are many military folks if you actually talk to them.

You are sort of describing the ‘mob rule’ of social media these days, it was alive and working before internet of course, but is really come out since as ‘mob thought’ can build so very fast now.

A short example is Vietnam, the mob rule was to dislike vets, after Iraq the mob rule is to thank anyone ever associated with the military in any way without any thought or pause....

One was ugly other is nice enough, but both are and were missing the point maybe of what anyone really felt, it is just the mob rule ‘easy button’ of doing things without really having to think. I need to fall in line and so what everyone else thinks is what I should do......

It becomes impossible to even discuss a topic or think things through when that mob rule takes effect on people. Applies to so many current ills of society, non of which the moderators want discussed in this section I think!

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)