AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"First time" parents
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Not quite the middle
Posted 3/8/2019 12:36 (#7367507)
Subject: "First time" parents

NE SD
My husband spent most of his life with 900 stock cows, then cut back to 500 and finally around 150 head. Three years ago we had a family tragedy that just sent our world spinning and we realized we did not have the energy to continue....so we sold them all. Difficult choice but we knew for our own well being it was the right one. Well you can't take the cattle man away from his cows for too long so we spent all summer putting in continuous fencing and fixing up an old barn that hadn't been used in many years. We brought home our "new cows" in December and have been anxiously waiting. One cow finally started showing the signs (calving start is March 10) so we have had in her the barn, then nothing happened so back out she went. Yesterday morning before I left for work to go to my town job, I checked and we had feet!!! By the time I went to tell my husband and we got back out there, we had a baby on the cold ground so back in the new pair went and they are happily living the good life at the moment with fresh, dry straw and a heated barn! Life is good!!! These are the signs in our barn.

Edited by Not quite the middle 3/8/2019 12:43

(il_570xN.872182602_21no (full).jpg)

(il_570xN.1810123517_rmck (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments il_570xN.872182602_21no (full).jpg (154KB - 300 downloads)
Attachments il_570xN.1810123517_rmck (full).jpg (102KB - 304 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)