AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My daughters pics from southern nevada
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Two Hawk
Posted 3/8/2019 21:53 (#7368425 - in reply to #7368369)
Subject: RE: My daughters pics from southern nevada

Southern Nevada desert
In "real life" you don't usually throw them you set them down in front of the stacker.
The boom has an automotive rear end with a brake on one axle and a rope spool on the other. When you start the rope spool is not spinning and the brake side is spinning free through the differential, as you pull the brake rope it slows the brake side and forces the rope spool to start working on the other side of the differential . You have a brake rope in one hand and the hook line in the other, you pull the brake rope to lift the bale, hard for fast and farther, but not too hard or you send the hook flying, lighter touch and slower for close. You feather the brake to lower the bale, not too fast coming down or you will pop the hook out and still have enough tension to send the hook flying up. A little back pressure on the hook line to guide the swing rate, not too much or you pull the hook out and send it flying. Lots of feel involved, a good hook hand will set every bale on the correct corner facing the correct direction so all the stacker does is lay them down in place and step back. The goal is to never lift a bale, only drop them into place.

Did I mention that its fairly easy to send the hook flying?

Edited by Two Hawk 3/8/2019 21:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)