AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My daughters pics from southern nevada
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kipps
Posted 3/8/2019 10:15 (#7367175 - in reply to #7367120)
Subject: RE: My daughters pics from southern nevada

Madison Co. Virginia
Two Hawk - 3/8/2019 10:54
My daughter kinda has a "thing" for spiders.......

Yeah, I do too! If they're indoors, they're dead -- Instantly. It's just one of my character flaws. However, if they're outdoors, I begrudge them the right to live.

I can tolerate snakes a little better. We have a lot of rat snakes and a few black racers around the farm. They both look the same, but act different; we just call them all "black snakes." I have personally never seen a copperhead or rattlesnake. I'm told it's because of all the black snakes.

Been bit once. I was at the top of a silo, getting it ready for use. When pulling the plastic off the top, I realized that a number of rats had found their way up there during the winter(a neighbor's dog had just killed off our cat population). Four black snakes had followed them up there, and were now the only residents. I casually caught and flipped each one of them out the side door of the silo roof and onto the concrete slab 70 feet below. 45 minutes later, I descended, and found all four of them were dazedly beginning to crawl away from their hard landing. I caught all four, wrapped them all around one arm, and carried them into the barn to release them. I was holding all the heads in right hand, and taking them one by one in the left to set them in the exposed ceiling joists. One of them fell back, and when I reached for it, it bit my finger. Evidently, they have a row of very sharp teeth, that with the slightest movement, will slice you wide open. I bled pretty good, which was probably a good thing. It was remarkably similar to a knife cut about a 3/8" deep. My Grandad says their bite is no worse than a chicken peck. They must have had some pretty terrible chickens back then!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)