AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Child Abuse or Overcoming his Fear
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 3/8/2019 18:09 (#7367994 - in reply to #7366078)
Subject: RE: Child Abuse or Overcoming his Fear

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Kind of reminds me of the story my mon would tell about my brother Don.
Don was about 5 years old and had a big problem with getting whupped by the mean little Bantam rooster every time he went into the barn yard.
Finally Mom told Don to take his baseball bat( child size, about the size of an old wood police baton) and hit the rooster when he attacked.
Mom was doing the evening milking as it was spring planting time and dad was busy planting the crops.
The rooster attacked and Don swung at it with his bat, he connected with the roosters head which knocked him what appeared to be grave yard dead.
Don walked to the barn and told mom he hit the rooster and killed it. Mom said, OK, just lay the rooster by the barn door and I will take care of it after milking. After milking Don and Mom checked and found the rooster missing, thinking maybe the dog took it or maybe it wasn't dead ?. They finally checked the chicken coop, and there on the lowest rung of the roost sat a very silent little rooster. His head was swollen and purple, with his head hanging straight down. They decided to leave him alone to see what condition he was in by the next morning. In a few days he was just a feisty as ever, but would no longer challenge Don when he had the Bat with him. A few years later Don was in a taxidermy class in school, the rooster was first choice to sacrifice for Dons education. 30 years later on a tour of the school, there was Dons rooster on a storage shelf in the biology room, the thing may outlast any /all of our family..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)