AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bummed out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Buck S
Posted 3/7/2019 13:57 (#7365325)
Subject: Bummed out

McLeod County, MN
Got word last night that an old friend (Jeff) committed suicide. He wasn't dealt the best hand in life, but he made the most of it for many years. He had some developmental disabilities and hearing impairment that kept him living with his mom and dad his whole life. I was great friends with his younger brother in high school and spent many nights at their house. I worked with Jeff for 7 summers in high school and college at the local truss manufacturing plant. Jeff was quite fond of me and insisted on bringing me either a pop, doughnut or hot dog a few times a week at work. He barely ever missed a sporting event at our local high school, and if I went I would stand or sit with him every time and it was my turn to buy him all the concessions that he wanted. He let his brother and I take him to a few Twins games and it usually made his year. For whatever reason last night he decided he had enough. He will be dearly missed by our small town, and especially my friends and I. Prayers for Jeff and his family.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)