AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A different perspective from a RZR
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ed Boysun
Posted 3/8/2019 16:00 (#7367828 - in reply to #7367780)
Subject: RE: A different perspective from a RZR

Agent Orange: Friendly fire that keeps on burning.

Bunches of trails around Havasu that a Jeep or RZR can access merely by driving to the end of a city street. As for maps; the 4-Wheeler club has a map printed with all the trails listed and shown. I think a $2 donation is all it takes to get that map. IMHO, it is way overpriced at $2. Fifty + years ago, our friendly Uncle Sam spent a goodly sum of money training me to read a topo map and the ability to do so was literally a matter of life and death in many instances, so I consider myself somewhat of a decent map reader. On the ride a couple days before this one we found ourselves, along with a few Jeeps, near the old Wing Mine. The Jeepers had a copy of the 4-wheelers map and were attempting to use it to see where they were and where they might want to go next. Didn't do them much more good than it did me and I'd never want to rely on it. What I really recommend is to familiarize yourself with Google Earth and use the program to find and trace trails. Once that is done, export the tracks and transfer them to the GPS device of your choice. Then use that to navigate.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)