AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlords - the devil in disguise?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

MNredpower
Posted 3/7/2019 14:45 (#7365408 - in reply to #7364866)
Subject: RE: Landlords - the devil in disguise?

East Central Minnesota
I think part of the frustration farmers have is that they may feel betrayed by the landlord who they thought they were doing a good job for and had a relationship with. Maybe they were doing an exceptional job keeping the fertility up, keeping the ditches mowed, maintaining fences, etc.

This sentiment is certainly not unique to farming. I know because I worked for a multi-billion dollar corporation in the Purchasing dept for several years. I had to have very hard conversations with suppliers regularly and was always shopping their business around to their competitor; that is just how the game is played. Those were tough conversations when the supplier relationship had lasted many years. Maybe in the past they had brought you innovative ideas to improve your product or lower your cost, maybe they had worked out to get your parts when their competitor had a quality issue. When a supplier had felt they were going above and beyond in terms of loyalty and service they were plenty offended when we changed suppliers or beat them up over cost. It was especially touchy when you moved their business to a foreign supplier.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)