AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlords - the devil in disguise?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Indianajones
Posted 3/7/2019 13:52 (#7365319 - in reply to #7365089)
Subject: RE: Landlords - the devil in disguise?

Iowajim - 3/7/2019 11:45

We farmers are our own worst enemy. It’s the tenants, not the landlords who control the rents. The tenant writes the check. I have a neighbor who buys land and rents it out to the highest bidder. He wants to make big payments on the loan for the first few years to get the interest down and to get ahead of the game quickly. It’s a wise move business-wise. He has done well and owns well over 1000 acres of good Iowa farm land. My neighbors don’t think well of him because they claim he drives up local rents and in a way they are justified but I tell them he is at the mercy of how much the tenant will pay and some tenant somewhere will pay the big rent. These same neighbors are also grumbling about the farmers who will pay the big rent so they are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

What really bothers me is the kids who inherit land for scott free and then demand the same high rent as the guys who are struggling to make payments on their purchased land. These kids want the big rent even from their own siblings! I’m sure some of you guys have had the same experience with this as I have.

How is it any different inheriting land versus buying it. Same business game and should not take any less that what the others are getting.
INDY
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)