AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlords - the devil in disguise?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

havin'funfarming
Posted 3/7/2019 13:28 (#7365281 - in reply to #7364950)
Subject: RE: Landlords - the devil in disguise?

Manitoba, Canada
I agree with the mentality of everyone having to make a buck on a deal. That is a very good attitude towards any deal.

The problem often is not the landlord. The problem starts with a guy looking for farm land who is basically willing to give up his piece of the profit pie because he equates success with the amount of ground he farms instead of his actual profits. These days, in almost every area, there seems to be several of these types and in truth sometimes a landlord/seller doesn’t owe anyone a more balanced. I can’t blame them sometimes.

If a landlord offered a deal at 1/2 the going rate a lot of farmers would take the deal and not offer full price instead. This works both ways.

The best deals are when the landlords and the tenants both agree to meet in the middle so that everyone is profitable but that attitude has to come from both sides. I have a feeling that a lot of the high paying renters will be mining the landlords property of nutrients to cut their losses in the next few years. This may not matter to the landlords, but the next renters will be paying the price to rebuild the soil.

Edited by havin'funfarming 3/7/2019 13:28
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)