AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

traveling to Dallas, Tx next month. Any parts of town to advoid? nt
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

PRNDL
Posted 3/6/2019 12:41 (#7362914 - in reply to #7362669)
Subject: RE: traveling to Dallas, Tx next month. Any parts of town to advoid? nt

Texas & western Iowa

tallgrassneil - 3/6/2019 10:35

Bunch of Negative Nellies there. The same can be said for any big city in the USA. I go to and through the metroplex regularly. I lived there in SOUTH Dallas for a time. I had some really fine neighbors, all kinds of people. Even a jerk or two. I worked there in CENTER Dallas for a while. It was OK as a job, but you can imagine the commute. I have kinfolk all over the metroplex and beyond. My point is, it's full of people. People come in all sizes, shapes, colors, and levels of jerkhood, just like a small town but on a much larger scale.

Go. Have fun. But as in any strange environment,  keep your wits about you, and listen to your gut. If it seems sketchy, it probably is. Google the attractions before you even leave home.

Yeah, I agree. I don't care much for DWF, mainly because of the insane traffic. But as far as the rest, it's no different than other cities this size. Pockets of it that I'd avoid.

Houston is totally nuts too.

It'd be nice if the OP had said why he was coming to Dallas. Business, sightseeing, visiting relatives in a certain area, etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)