AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Township Snow Removal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Fred
Posted 3/6/2019 09:19 (#7362491 - in reply to #7360652)
Subject: RE: Township Snow Removal

south east SD
Our township owns it's road grader and a part time driver.

When things get bad we hire a payloader to push back big drifts.

I'm on the board.

I live on the county line and have to drive on the roads where 4 different townships plow the roads.
Ours is usually done first, one to the west is next, one to the east is secound to last and the township 2 miles west of me is hit or miss. Why are are they last? Because one contractor quit and another picked them up and is spread to thin.

Just heard a big contractor that did 10 townships is getting out of snow removal business next year.
Those townships are gonna get a lesson in snow removal.

For the people who moved into the township thinking we should go by at 5 am every morning better get a tractor and loader and scoop themselves out, it not gonna happen.

Our grader Is 5 years old with 6 wheel drive. We have 60 miles to cover, that's both side at 10 mph.
What's that 6 hour Shift? But you have to turn backup, hit some spots numbers times, 8 or 10 hours? It's not easy.

Oh now you want to get back in and the wind is blowing. Better have a plan or stay in town so you can get to your job.

My wife and I lived on our farm, both had in town jobs for 15 years and always had a plan. Before I was on the board I called township once where the T intersection was blocked for 3 days, I blew it out with my snowblower and then called. Only asked if the road grader had broke down? Nope just forgot to do that road, it happens.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)