AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are my options with employees who smoke?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 3/5/2019 15:01 (#7360892 - in reply to #7360540)
Subject: RE: What are my options with employees who smoke?

Here is the viewpoint of a fellow worker,,,NOT a boss or anybody of importance.

They passed a law to not smoke inside a building. NOW pass one, no smoking outside a business building. I worked for a major chain store where puffing inside company vehicles was ignored. It was often discussed by non smoking fellow employees, "When do we get all our breaks the smokers take? WE have to pick up all their slack answering phones and waiting on customers while all the smokers were outside once or twice an hour getting their smoking done. IT SUCKED" Nobody had ANY allowed breaks ever except for the lunch hour and that was only after I think 8 hours of straight feet pounding time of go go go. Add up the hours they were ON the clock but not working, just stinking up the world. AND what irked me worse was when done they flicked butts all over. "I" usually tried to sweep them up and dispose properly when they got really deep. THEY had a sand tray to put them in.

WHY is not throwing a lit butt out a car window or a parking lot not considered littering? We had customers empty there ash trays right in front of the store on the ground than walk 10 feet into a garbage barrel? Guess who cleans up after them? Sure isnt the smoker employees

NOTHING good comes from smoking. Many smokers tend to smoke cause they smoke illegal drugs also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)