AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What are my options with employees who smoke?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 3/5/2019 11:20 (#7360540 - in reply to #7360395)
Subject: RE: What are my options with employees who smoke?

Texas
I will add it is so interesting to me how the culture has changed regarding smoking. Back in the early 2000's virtually all my employees smoked. In the past 4 years we have only had one who smoked and he no longer works here. The other employees constantly complained about his smoking. Not that he did it too close to them but just the smell of his clothes when they had to ride in a pickup with him. 20-30 years ago smoking was so common the smell was somewhat normal and didn't really bother a lot of people because everyone was so used to it I guess. Now smoking is pretty rare and when you smell it you sure notice it. My wife is super sensitive to the smell. We were at one of our son's football games, outside, and someone sat right in front of us that reeked of smoke. Just their clothes from smoking in their car or whatever. The smell bugged my wife so bad we had to change seats.

I strongly believe in freedom and people should be allowed to do whatever as long as it doesn't impact others. Smoking is one of those things that more often than not negatively impacts everyone around the smoker.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)