AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Myofascial
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

sand85
Posted 3/2/2019 21:44 (#7355167 - in reply to #7354998)
Subject: RE: Myofascial

C IL
I have started working with a therapeutic masseuse on myofascial release.

Apparently your body has a layer, or layers, of tissue called ‘fascia’ which are between your muscle and skin, and often is an area where inflammation is present. Myofascial release is a massage to reduce the inflammation in that layer of tissue (so I’ve been informed).

I have some chronic inflammation in some muscles in my back (past injuries, posture, periodic dehydration) and I’ve tried this to help address those areas, it seems to help. Lots of light circular strokes instead of the long, rubbing Swedish strokes to take knots out of tissue, or the chopping kneading Shiatsu strokes.

The first time I tried it I didn’t like it because it felt like the masseuse hadn’t done much, not much pressure, but I felt like I’d been hit by a ton of bricks the next day because of all the toxins it worked out of the inflamed tissues (her words, not mine). I’ve committed to myself to do a series of these treatments every 3-4 weeks to address this chronic issues I’ve built up, and over time the myofascial part gets shorter and the Swedish part gets longer as surface inflammation not as bad. It’s also because I’ve also reduced the inflammation between sessions by hydrating more, stretching more, and using a ma roller to address my particular area of concern.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)