AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PitStop Induction system air assist
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FlatlandFarmer91
Posted 2/23/2019 12:45 (#7339035)
Subject: PitStop Induction system air assist

I'm going to be adding a 5 gal air tank onto my tender trailer and hooking it into the air system on the trailer to supply air. My original intent was just to use air to blow out the fill hose to our sprayer so we don't have a fertilizer mess when doing weed and feed. But now my wheels are turning on using the little bit of compressed air to speed up the pit stop system.

We've got a pit stop induction setup from JD Skiles and it is accurate and nice not having flow meters and pumps that I have to maintain and calibrate, but I wish the metering of the high use products like acuron, lexar, etc. would be a little quicker. We have a 1600 gal tank on the sprayer so when doing 10 GPA work and lexar @ 3qt/ac thats 120 gal of product we have to load and that takes some time.

So my thought is I could first use air from the added tank and plum a line with a valve and an ultra low pressure regulator to the chemical tote lid just to push some air and help move the product from the tote to the measuring cylinder a little quicker. I realize that these totes can't handle much pressure but even a little bit of air I think could speed it up some. And maybe have one lid that I transfer from tote to tote that has the air line and maybe a check valve to let air in when its not being pushed with air and also allows pressure to build inside the tote. Might also need a pressure relief valve incase the regulator wasn't set right or quit working.

Also I was wondering about adding an air line to the top of the measuring cylinders and using the compressed air to then help push the chemical from the stainless steel cylinders and be sucked into the sprayer.

Anyone done anything like this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)