AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advice on a base station
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gw73
Posted 2/22/2019 08:11 (#7336512)
Subject: Advice on a base station

I have asked for advice and have gotten it, now I need a little more. I am semi-retired and farm a small irrigated acreage. So this is more a hobby than a full-time job.
I am trying to put together an RTK system that I can use for spraying and mowing and have been using WAAS which has been working fairly well. I have a couple of ez-guide 500's one is unlocked to RTK, the other isn't as well as a couple ez-steers. I also have an ez-boom going through a raven 440, all this works well with WAAS.

I have purchased a MS 750 with a zephyr antennae, and a Joey 900mhz radio. My issue is what to use for the MS-750 radio. I can find lots of Trimmcoms and Sitenet radios, but dont which to purchase. Trimble seems to have firmware to turn the Trimcoms into ag use. Here
https://www.trimble.com/support_trl.aspx?Nav=Collection-28346&pt=SiteNet%20900.
Also I am having a hard time finding the correct cables, Trimble is showing a wiring diagram with a 38968-xx cable that looks like what I would need. but I can't find it. Found a few that look like it but seem very expensive. Also is there a good source for the firmware, I know the 750 is not supported anymore, but thought someone would know where I can find it. My local Trimble dealer is a Case-IH dealer, and I have been JD oriented most of my life so I havent tried them yet.

I know there are a lot of paid simpler options out there, but I really would like to put this together without spending a huge amoumt amd pay and annual fee.

(trimble (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments trimble (full).JPG (89KB - 60 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)