AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for guidance recommendations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

PovertyGrass
Posted 2/22/2019 07:26 (#7336398)
Subject: Looking for guidance recommendations

Ontario
Looking for suggestions for a budget friendly guidance system with add-on auto steer for a planter tractor (7510 JD). We have already decided on running the 12 row planter with a Gen 3 20/20 monitor, so basically we need a guidance system to run the add-on auto steer, feed a GPS signal to the 20/20 and that’s it. Don’t need RTK accuracy, looking for 1.5-2” range. Worth noting that we would be going back in with the same tractor and our 12 row side dresser.

We already have an AgLeader compass display with 6000 receiver that we use for the odd broadcast job. Looked into getting an Ontrac 3 system for the compass with 7500 receiver running Terrastar-C Pro since we already have the display. But the quote came back more expensive than the quote I got from Trimble for a GFX750, NAV 900, EZ pilot, running Rangepoint RTX. Which didn’t make much sense to me, plus I feel it’s a waste to not be using the features the GFX has to offer as far as product control etc.

AgLeader rep also mentioned that Terrastar-C in-season repeatability can be hit and miss, even from one day planting to the next?

Other options: SmarTrax MD raven, but we had terrible luck with the Cruizer 2. Went through 3 displays before we gave up and switched to the Compass.
John Deere universal autotrac im guessing is in the higher price range. Didn’t even bother getting a quote yet.

I’m open to look at used systems, I just don’t have the knowledge on which older displays are compatible with receivers, autosteer systems, accuracy levels, etc.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)