AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

portable/moveable lambing barn
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

blue collar
Posted 2/18/2019 16:55 (#7328928)
Subject: portable/moveable lambing barn

Manitoba
I've considered getting a few ewes to lamb out (maybe 25). I have no older buildings to use so i'd need to build new. In case I ever needed to move this building for various reasons I'd like have it portable (so don't want a shed with poles in the ground or the cost of concrete footings for a stick frame building). Would it be a bad idea to build a 30x40 steel frame building that sits on skids like I-beams or something, insulate it and use it as a warm lambing barn. I'd lamb in cold winter (Jan-Feb) because it suits my grain farming schedule better and I have no pasture to lamb on. I'd have dry lots in front of this shed. I feel a building this size could be moved fairly easily. I could even design the frame so that a hitch can be welded/bolted to one end, pick up the other end and slide an axle under it and tow it to new site if need be (we are very rural so moving a 30' wide building down the road is no big deal as far as traffic/permits etc. I've looked on internet and saw lots of steel frame barns that are just sitting on the ground so i know it is available (pricey though so thinking i could build my own) but wondering also about my brain fart of moving it myself someday by towing it??
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)