AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Child's View of Retirement In Florida
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JimmyP
Posted 2/16/2019 09:58 (#7324122)
Subject: Child's View of Retirement In Florida

Lancaster, OH
After Christmas break, the teacher asked her small pupils how the spent their Holidays. One small boy’s reply went like this:

“We always spent Christmas with Grandpa and Grandma. They use to live here in a big brick house but grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida. They live in a place with a lot of retarded people. They live in tin huts. They ride big three-wheel tricycles. They go to a big building they call a wrecked hall. Bit if it was wrecked, it is fixed now. They play games there and do exercises, but they don’t do them very well. There is a swimming pool and they go to it and just stand there in the water with their hats on—I guess they don’t know how to swim. My Grandma use to bake cookies and stuff, but I guess she forgot how. Nobody cooks there—they all go to fast food restaurants. As you come into the Park, there is a doll hous with a man sitting in it. He watches all day, so they ant get out without him seeing them. They wear badges with their names on them. I guess they don’t know who they are. My Grandma said my Grandpa worked hard all his life and earned his retardment. I wish they would move back home, but I guess the man in the doll house won’t let them out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)